Superstar rapper Megan Thee Stallion said that she is recovering from a gunshot wound that occurred this weekend, refuting a previous report she was injured by glass.
Megan Thee Stallion, who's real name is Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, released a statement on her Instagram account Wednesday. Pete claimed she had been shot Sunday and underwent surgery to remove a bullet, according to NBC News.
"On Sunday morning, I suffered gunshot wounds, as the result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me," Pete said. “I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullet. I’m incredibly grateful to be alive and that I’m expected to make a full recovery."
The statement is vague on details about what exactly led to Pete's injuries and didn't name her alleged attacker — but appears to be a response to her involvement in the arrest of another rapper. On Sunday, Los Angeles police responded to reports of shots fired at a party in Hollywood attended by Pete and fellow rapper Tory Lanez, 27.
Near the party location, officers found an SUV with Lanez and Pete inside around 4:30 a.m. Sunday, and arrested Lanez after finding a gun in the vehicle. Lanez is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, according to previous reporting from Variety.
It was reported at the time that Pete had suffered injuries to her foot from glass and police had transported her to the hospital, according to TMZ.
Although Pete is now saying she was shot, police contended that she did not inform them she was the victim of a crime at the time of Lanez's arrest.
"At the time Megan Thee [Stallion] was with police she did not report that she was the victim of any crime. And the LAPD has not received any additional information at this time," a spokesperson told TMZ. Police also haven't linked Lanez to the reported gunshots.
A representative for Lanez did not immediately respond to a request for comment from NBC News. He has since been released from jail, according to a review of online records.
He is scheduled to appear in court this October, according to Variety.